Thursday, March 4, 2010

thought i'd something more to say...

In virtue of being alive for the last couple of years, I'm sure you're well informed that most states are suffering serious budget crisis's. Illinois, no stranger to averse political situations, is currently one of those states. The crisis's ramifications on the funding of Illinois' public universities are beginning to gain long overdue attention. In just one absurd case, the state owes the University of Illinois somewhere near 400 million dollars. That is just one case (really, I'm not saying that just because I'm affected by that funding).

I'm not even sure where to start on this one, so i wont, but it's an awful mess. I can say with confidence that I am definitely not looking forward to the the tuition hikes come fall. If anything this is a sure sign (although not a surprising one) that we need serious reform of public education, not just in Chicago or other poor areas.

At least my only reconciliation (GOOD ONE) is that the public option is gaining momentum in the Senate again. If this state has one thing going for it, it is that both of its senators will support the the public option if it is included in the reconciliation process.

No comments: